Are you ready for the Superbowl?
On Sunday I know I can’t wait to whip up some wings before the game. Lately I just can’t seem to get enough buffalo sauce. I love buffalo sauce.
This buffalo wing recipe is great because these wings are baked, not fried, and baking them on parchment paper makes them very crispy.
Don’t forget the wipes for all of those messy fingers.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed and separated at joints
- 1/2 c hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted (I use Earth Balance)
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
- celery and carrot sticks
1. Preheat oven to 450. Place wings in a large pot and fill with water until the water covers the chicken by 1 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 min. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
Note: Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet, this will cause the wings to be soggy. I learned this the hard way. Also, the parchment paper is a must.
3. While wings are baking. Add hot sauce and butter to a small pot. Simmer on low until butter is melted and mixes with hot sauce.
Note: To make a mild sauce mix in more butter with the wing sauce.
Question: Do you prefer ranch or blue cheese?
Random piece of information: I read in the food network magazine that the Northeast, where I live, prefers blue cheese and the rest of the country likes ranch.
Tip: Watch this YouTube video to learn how to cut up the chicken wings.