Do you love chocolate chip cookies? We love them in our house. This recipe is the best dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. The cookies taste just like my Grandma’s chocolate chip cookie. I had to make a few adjustments to the recipe to make it dairy free. I use vegetable shortening instead of butter and I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
Enjoy life chocolate chips is a great dairy free substitute for regular chocolate chips. They taste just like semisweet chocolate chips. They are dairy, nut and soy free which is great. I like to bake with them because I don’t have to search for them or go to a specialized grocery store. I am able to find them at all the local grocery stores in our town.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Using a mixer, mix the vegetable shortening, water, and sugars together. Add 1 egg at a time to the bowl until mixed well.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer, mixing until just combined. Add the vanilla and mix for just a few seconds. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Using a cookie scoop, drop small balls of batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes until the edges of the cookies are brown. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about a minute before removing them. By letting them sit you are allowing them to harden just a little and it makes it easier to remove them from cookie sheet.
Recipe makes about 36 cookies.
I like to serve my cookies warm with almond milk.
Tip: A cookie scoop is a create investment, it helps to make perfectly round cookies. It also cuts down on the mess you get when you use a spoon.