This is such an easy week night meal. I promise that this recipe is easy enough for ANYONE to make successfully.
Total time: ~30 minutes
3 lbs boneless chicken breast
4 peppers, mix of red and green
1 garlic clove
3/4 c BBQ sauce
1/4 c honey
1/2 hosin garlic sauce
A dash of soy sauce (I shake the bottle a few times)
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1. Cut the chicken breast into 1in squares. Add chicken, BBQ sauce, honey, hosin garlic sauce, and soy sauce to a bowl. Mix everything together well. Cover and Refrigerate for 15 min.
2. Cut up peppers and onions into small slices. Dice the garlic clove.
3. After the chicken has been in the refrigerator 15 min, heat your frying pan (or wok) on med to med-high heat.
4. Add 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Add 1/2 the chicken and cook until chicken is browned on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside and cook the other 1/2 of chicken.
5. After browning the chicken, add the remaining tbsp of oil to the pan. Add the garlic clove. After 1 minutes add peppers and onions. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook on medium low until the chicken is fully cooked.
A yummy dinner the whole family will like in about 30 minutes!
Tip: Before you start cooking the stir-fry recipe above, start cooking the rice. If the rice finishes before your chicken stir-fry is done, turn off the burner where the rice was cooking but leave it there so it stays warm.