My husband and 2 smaller girls are on a dairy free diet, so I am unable to use
a can of cream soup from the grocery store. Instead I have to make my own from scratch. I don’t mind because things are always so much better when you make them yourself.
1 tablespoon flour
3 tablespoons butter (I will use Earth Balance)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup almond milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
2. When melted, whisk in the flour and continue whisking until smooth and bubbly.
3. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk.
4. Return to the heat and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly, until the soup thickens.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.