During the snow day on Thursday, the kids and I made a super easy zucchini bread recipe. You can’t mess up this recipe, I have let the little kids over stir the batter and it still comes out perfect. Everyone in my house loves this recipe, so it is a very good thing that this recipe makes 2 loaves of bread. We ate both loaves that we made in 1 day, oh my gosh.
It’s always fun to bake with my kids, they love to help. My 3 year old helped grate the zucchini and my 2 year old helped pour the flour and sugar into my mixer. I believe that it is a good idea to get the kids involved cooking when they are very young, so that they comfortable around the kitchen. I want them to be able to cook for themselves when they are older and not have to eat take out.
- 3 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 c sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c water
- 2 c of shredded zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans.
2. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar in a mixer.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then add the vegetable oil, water and zucchini.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the mixer, mixing until just combined.
5. Pour the mix into 2 loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
Tip: Remove one loaf of bread from the pan and wrap it in plastic wrap until you are ready to eat it. You can also freeze it for about a month.
Do you love chocolate chip cookies? We love them in our house. This recipe is the best dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. The cookies taste just like my Grandma’s chocolate chip cookie. I had to make a few adjustments to the recipe to make it dairy free. I use vegetable shortening instead of butter and I used Enjoy Life chocolate chips.
Enjoy life chocolate chips is a great dairy free substitute for regular chocolate chips. They taste just like semisweet chocolate chips. They are dairy, nut and soy free which is great. I like to bake with them because I don’t have to search for them or go to a specialized grocery store. I am able to find them at all the local grocery stores in our town.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Using a mixer, mix the vegetable shortening, water, and sugars together. Add 1 egg at a time to the bowl until mixed well.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer, mixing until just combined. Add the vanilla and mix for just a few seconds. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Using a cookie scoop, drop small balls of batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes until the edges of the cookies are brown. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about a minute before removing them. By letting them sit you are allowing them to harden just a little and it makes it easier to remove them from cookie sheet.
Recipe makes about 36 cookies.
I like to serve my cookies warm with almond milk.
Tip: A cookie scoop is a create investment, it helps to make perfectly round cookies. It also cuts down on the mess you get when you use a spoon.
I love crock pot recipes where you put everything in the crock pot, then set it and forget it. This recipe is definitely a set it and forget it recipe. When I make this recipe for get-togethers at my house, everyone loves it and I never have leftovers. Sometimes I will add a little bit a fresh cut pineapple to my sandwich. The mix of sweet BBQ and pineapple taste so good together.
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Club Rolls/Bread
- BBQ Sauce
1. Place pork in the crock pot with the the fat side facing up. Add the peppers and onions to the crock pot around the meat. Add the bay leaf, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour in 2 cups of water in to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
2. Remove the bay leaf and drain most of the water from the crock pot. Remove the pork shoulder from the crock pot and place it on a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the crock pot. Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce to the crock pot and mix well.
3. Server on club rolls with coleslaw and french fries.
Tonight I jogged on the treadmill and I was able to jog for 6/10 of a mile with out stopping. YAHOOOOOO!!!!
I might have gone a little bit further if I didn’t have to shovel the drive way right before hand. Note to self: Learn how to use the snow blower before the snow on Wednesday and Sunday. : )
Question: How are you doing with the challenge?