During the snow day on Thursday, the kids and I made a super easy zucchini bread recipe. You can’t mess up this recipe, I have let the little kids over stir the batter and it still comes out perfect. Everyone in my house loves this recipe, so it is a very good thing that this recipe makes 2 loaves of bread. We ate both loaves that we made in 1 day, oh my gosh.
It’s always fun to bake with my kids, they love to help. My 3 year old helped grate the zucchini and my 2 year old helped pour the flour and sugar into my mixer. I believe that it is a good idea to get the kids involved cooking when they are very young, so that they comfortable around the kitchen. I want them to be able to cook for themselves when they are older and not have to eat take out.
- 3 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 c sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c water
- 2 c of shredded zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans.
2. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar in a mixer.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then add the vegetable oil, water and zucchini.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the mixer, mixing until just combined.
5. Pour the mix into 2 loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
Tip: Remove one loaf of bread from the pan and wrap it in plastic wrap until you are ready to eat it. You can also freeze it for about a month.